This course will:
- Help you find a new and positive way of seeing the qualities and talents in each other.
- Create an energizing and fun approach to parenting and family communication.
- Give you a lens to understand the perspectives and motivations of other family members.
- Provide ways to uncover new strengths in each family members that you may not have seen before.
- Foster a bonding family approach that builds warmth, trust and happiness.
Strength-based parenting doesn’t mean you ignore your child’s weaknesses; it allows you to approach them from a new perspective.
This online course by Professor Lea Waters (Ph.D) and produced by Lela McGregor (MAPP) is made up of 5 sessions that is done over 5 weeks. Each session is made up of a) an on-line Parent lesson with Lea, b) Family Time and c) Keeping it Alive activities where you get to practice your new skills during the week. We also give you Extended Learning Opportunities if you want to learn more. The course is broken into the following sessions:
SESSION #1: Understanding Strengths SESSION #2: Seeing Strengths SESSION #3: Using Strengths SESSION #4: Growing Strengths SESSION #5: Celebrating Strengths
A 5-session online course designed to give you the tools to become a parent who focuses on strengths.